[MV] Re: Dictation Only VV?

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Tue May 13 14:57:06 PDT 2003

At 16:43 -0400 5/13/03, Martin Markoe wrote:
>It really depends on the hub itself. Some USB devices work better with a
>powered hub.
>
>We prefer standard microphones connected to an Andrea USB sound pod. This
>gives you the ability to change microphones at will. You will do better with
>an Andrea ANC microphone (rather than an NC-7100) as they are active noise
>canceling. We also find that the VXI TalkPro works very well with an Andrea
>USB sound pod.

Martin, I'd have to agree.   The TalkPro Xpress I purchased from you
works great with the Andrea Electronics USB Pod--just as your site
says, and it does not have the battery box of the TalkPro.  (I *hate*
battery boxes, they're difficult to open and the batteries always die
at the wrong time.  When the batteries die your accuracy suffers
noticeably.  Having said that if you're going to connect an analog
microphone directly to a sound card or mic in jack they are a good
idea.)