[MV] Re: Questions on customising VV

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Thu May 29 12:26:20 PDT 2003

>If I go into UserSettings, I see a pop-up w/ "...first voice model"
>selected, and options to add, modify, or rename it ('delete' is
>inactive).  I want to COPY that model - make a duplicate - and treat
>them as separate models, even though the hold the same data, much as
>one might duplicate a file & handle the copy as if it was a separate
>document.  I want to label one of them LOUD, & set the mic up for
>loud conditions...and label the other QUIET & set the mic up for
>quiet conditions.  I would then select one or the other, and work
>with each independently from the other.
>
>To repeat:  has anyone tried anything like this - and, if so, how
>did it work out for you?

Charlie,

No speech recognition program would allow you to do that. In order to
maintain the best possible accuracy they all are designed so that
microphone levels can be adjusted based on the current conditions at
the time of running the microphone setup so the clearest possible
signal is available for processing by the recognition engine. This
way the best possible signal is guaranteed no matter what voice model
is being used.