Questions on customising VV

Charlie Moody shaman at mac.com
Fri May 30 07:17:43 PDT 2003

Frankly, I had no idea that audio setup was so regular a part of using
VV - thanks for the heads-up!

I may have left an erroneous impression w/ my question:  I am not
looking for a 'set-&-forget' solution on the sound profile "issue".  I
find that, after working with & correcting VV in loud circumstances for
several sessions (& accompanying voice-model updates), and establishing
improved accuracy, then when I shift to working in a quiet office (w
audio set-up), the accuracy deteriorates;  I then have to re-train it
to resotre accuracy to what had been achieved in the other sound
environment.

My worry is that, by training and re-training a single model in both
environments, I may be (in effect) corrupting the model;  certainly it
is redundant, irritating & time-consuming.  In other words, I see the
wisdom of having 2 voice models, and I'm all for it.

All I was trying to do was / is figure out how to have a second voice
model without having to go through reading those damn' stories again,
et cetera, et cetera.

Since I haven't tried to set up a second voice model, perhaps I'm
merely jumping to conclusions, assuming the worst.  Does adding a voice
model involve starting entirely from scratch?