[MV] Re: Questions on customising VV

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Fri May 30 15:01:26 PDT 2003

>My worry is that, by training and re-training a single model in both
>environments, I may be (in effect) corrupting the model;  certainly
>it is redundant, irritating & time-consuming.  In other words, I see
>the wisdom of having 2 voice models, and I'm all for it.
>
>All I was trying to do was / is figure out how to have a second
>voice model without having to go through reading those damn' stories
>again, et cetera, et cetera.

There is no way to create a second voice model without reading the
training stories again. Reading the trading stories is essential to
generating data the computer uses when creating a voice model.

I myself have multiple voice models to account for varying
conditions. Although I never had a problem with corruption when using
a single voice model I found the time involved in continuously
retraining to be prohibitive. It was well worth the time for me to
create a second voice model and switch between them as necessary
(while being sure to run Audio Setup after switching).