has anyone out there tried the FS-85B50 foot control for mini-disc?

Malcolm Hamilton malcolm_hamilton at cbc.ca
Tue Nov 4 07:53:45 PST 2003

Hi there -
I have tried ViaVoice, and haven't had all that much luck.  Going
back to correct gibberish takes too much time.  So transcribing the
long interviews I record is still a necessary evil, the worst part
having to do with the fact that I have to keep taking my hands off my
computer keyboard to hit pause, rewind and play on my playback
machine.
A foot control unit would be great, if it worked well!
I'd like to keep recording interviews on my mini-disc machine - it's
the MZ-B100, which is compatible with a Sony FS-85B50 foot control
unit.  I've found a couple places, one in Europe, one in NYC, that
sell these things.  But no one can tell me too much about them (eg.
can you set it to rewind just a few seconds, with one toe-touch?),
and there are no good photos of these things on the web.  Sony seems
to make these things, but can't answer these questions.

Has anyone on this list tried the foot control unit for the mini-disc?

If so, I'd love to hear from you!  Please let me know how well it
works.  I don't want to sink money into something with lots of
promise, but little to show for it.

Best Regards,
malcolm