[MV] Re: Panther, ViaVoice & iListen

JSenecal at aol.com JSenecal at aol.com
Tue Nov 18 10:09:57 PST 2003

>> I haven't noticed any significant difference in accuracy between the two
>> programs,
>
>That's good news - is that what other dictation 'dual users' find also?

I think several have found one program to be better than the other, with
some finding ViaVoice more accurate, and some finding iListen to be. I
haven't been keeping track.

For me, the lack of a difference might be do to a poor microphone setup
preventing good recognition with either product (I usually get at least
one error per line).

I've also added macros to iListen's correction mode to make it easier for
me to use. The handiest is "Spell That" which changes to spelling mode.
And in spelling mode a "Choose One" command to change back to dictation
mode and press the 1 button.

Joe Senecal