[MV] Re: belkin voice recorder

EKN niikwei at easynet.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 15:01:30 PDT 2003

On 19/10/03 5:57 pm, "William Robinson" <willrob at chorus.net> wrote:

> One more thing to note:
>
> The Belkin Voice Recorder requires a dockable iPod. I'm not sure
> which models this wold be: the 15G model I know is dockable, but not
> sure of others. Since Belkin and Apple have stressed this point, I
> assume it's important.
>
> william
>
> ----------
> <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacVoiceFAQ.html>.
> Send a message to <MacVoice-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the
> digest version.
>
> iMic    | Connect virtually any microphone or sound input device via USB
> Dr. Bott | Now $35.00      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/iMic.html>

> iListen by  | Dictate or Transcribe your next email (or anything else).
> MacSpeech  | Buy iListen 1.5 for $99. Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X!
> at Dr. Bott |      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/macspeech.html>
> at Dr. Bott |      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/macspeech.html>

Good Evening all...

I was hoping to record regular lectures which I conduct and dictated notes
which are record off site and then translate the recorded info. As was
mentioned the important aspect appears to be related to the file format of
the recorded data. Although it would appear ilisten is capable of this task,
a similar problem may occur when converting a doc file into a text file
before it can be processed by ilisten.

Either way it looks like its got potential....i am also interested in this
due to the capacity of the ipod...20, 30, 40 gb can actually be a very large
text file.....

EKN