[MV] Re: ViaVoice - Updating to version 3.02

Jon Straalsund jon.straalsund at att.net
Fri Apr 23 14:17:32 PDT 2004

Hello-

     Re: objectionable audio garbage noise - what I recall.

     I thought that there was an explanation way back in 2003, on this
list, that indicated that the problem with noise was not really a
problem with ViaVioce but in fact a problem with Apple's code for
moving audio information over USB.  Before that was fixed, ViaVoice did
publish an update that changed the sampling rate.  Since the real root
cause was fixed by Apple, with 10.2.(?2+?) it would seem that the patch
your referring to would not be needed, at least to fix the "audio
garbage noise".

Kind Regards,

       Jon Straalsund
       Portland Oregon