[MV] could use some help

Martin Markoe martin at emicrophones.com
Sun Feb 29 13:33:44 PST 2004

C.C.,

Hello. I am just getting started with Voice Recognition and needed some
advice (or suggestions for a website for beginners.)

In our Links/Articles section read, "Key Steps to High Speech Recognition
Accuracy for Mac Computers." See it at:
http://www.emicrophones.com/docDetails.asp?DocumentID=39

I'd appreciate recommendations for mics to use with the built-in audio input
port on this computer, which I assume is pretty good -
OR... Is it advisable to forego the built-in audio input jack and use a USB
mic? If I went with a USB mic, do I still need to get the Griffin iMic for
built-in USB.

A great microphone/USB sound pod for the Mac is the VXI TalkPro Xpress and
the Andrea USB sound pod. You will not need the iMic. This combination has
worked well for most Mac users. See them at:
http://www.emicrophones.com/microphones/prod_details.asp?prodID=047
http://www.emicrophones.com/microphones/prod_details.asp?prodID=003

Martin Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.