[MV] Re: 't' sounds in UK English

Erica Mackenzie macfiddler at iprimus.com.au
Wed Nov 3 22:51:31 PST 2004

On 31/10/04 at -0000 or thereabouts, niikwei at easynet.co.uk (Edward Kotei
Neequaye) spake thus:

>Peace and many blessings
>
>Edward
>
>P.s I wonder what other single words get in the way for other users out
>there;-)

Amongst other things, I get:

* 'full.' instead of '.' when I dictate 'full stop'. Sometimes ...

* the 'new paragraph' command, no matter how slowly I dictate the word
'paragraph'. I cannot find either of these in the commands list, so I
cannot work out how to change the command to something else. Every time!

* 'My' or 'By' as the first word of a sentence, when I dictate 'I'.

Can't recall the others, but there are lots.

Best,

Erica Mackenzie
Queensland, Australia