[MV] new problems with ViaVoice after upgrading to System 10.3.6?

thechuck at mac.com thechuck at mac.com
Thu Nov 18 16:44:34 PST 2004

Damien:

Extra small words in iListen are almost always due to the microphone
being too close to the mouth, and in the path of the breath stream. It
can also be caused by a source of noise or airflow from behind you.

Try moving the microphone a little to the side and maybe a little away
(it should be no closer than 2 fingertips to your lips). When properly
positioned, you should be able to take a drink from a normal drinking
glass without spilling the liquid or touching the mic.

Try that and let me know if your accuracy improves. (You may want to
also try running "Set Up My Microphone" again once you reposition the
mic.)

Best Regards,

Chuck Rogers, Chief Evangelist
MacSpeech, Inc.