[MV] cs ilisten, interface issues for correcting

Elizabeth Smiles salonbisou at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 11:22:06 PST 2004

hi!
I wonder, since this forum gets so many nice replies from the people at
macSpeech if it is a good place to ask about features.  I feel that some easily
fixable items are in the GUI for the training, commanding, and correction.  I'd
like to be able to do these things, which I don't think are technology issues
but I'd love to hear if not so:

[]tell the machine during learning that I misspoke a word
[]ask the machine what it thinks a proper pronunciation of a word is.
(Sometimes I'd be very happy to learn iListen-speak; it could be far faster
than having it learn my 10 ways of pronouncing)
[]ask the machine all the ways it has heard me speak a particular word
[]confirm-command mode; command mode I find nearly unusable because to
interpret "mouse click" as "file close" (which happened repeatedly since my
buying mouse-clicks-extra) is horrible!  There needs to be a very easy way to
prevent bad things from occuring.  Speech is already slower; an extra second
for "yes/no" (which I think usually aren't misrecognized) would really be in
order.
[]rename command words (can I do that by building my own scripts?), such as
make mouse-click something far different from file-quit.
[]show some kind of CPU thermometer that explains why words get eaten.  Does it
stop dictating because it hung?  Or I spoke too fast?  Not knowing why it
suddenly stops listening is really hard.  I have a hard time getting back to
where I want to be.

I know this is a lot, I wanted to put it all in one place!
thank you!
Anne