SPAM-MED: Re: [MV] MACSPEECH RELEASES ILISTEN 1.6.5

Martin Markoe martin at emicrophones.com
Sat Oct 23 08:28:12 PDT 2004

Bill,

> I seemed to open up a very good discussion group and the
> microphone issue I believe is still unresolved.  All I know
> is the manufacturer sent me "TELEX" so that's the one I will use.
The Telex should be thought of as a starter microphone. If you see the potential
for speech recognition after using the supplied microphone, then you are a
candidate for a better microphone. A better microphone will increase
productivity by inputting sound that is free of electronic disturbance and
eliminating background noise that can be detrimental to recognition process.

Our testing and experience shows the a very good and reasonably priced headset
input for iListen is an Andrea USB sound pod as the soundcard and a VXI TalkPro
Xpress. See these at:
http://www.emicrophones.com/microphones/prod_details.asp?prodID=003
http://www.emicrophones.com/microphones/prod_details.asp?prodID=047

There are also more expensive microphones that will work well. These include the
Sennheiser Headset and the  hand-held Sennheiser e835s.

Martin Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
The best microphones for Speech Recognition
See us at: http://www.eMicrophones.com/
See, "Key Steps to High Speech Recognition Accuracy for the Mac" at:
http://www.emicrophones.com/docDetails.asp?DocumentID=39