[MV] 't' sounds in UK English speakers affecting recognition?

Edward Kotei Neequaye niikwei at easynet.co.uk
Fri Oct 29 01:34:02 PDT 2004

Hi there Erica....

I must say I have a similar problem with the the 't' in iListen. To be
honest I thought it was just me, I am off Scottish decent, however I have
been living in London for the past 15 years and via my traveling experiences
and dual heritage not to mention my wife's Caribbean culture, I have
developed a very eclectic tonal voice in my speach. However for the life of
me I can not get iListen to properly recognize "poin't'. (2 out of every 20
attempts are recognised)

I have done everything I can in terms of changing the tone, moving the mike
and so forth but the 't' just gets in my way. As a beta tester for some time
I often change my profile to see if it affects the programme software and it
has been like this for me from day one.

I have just loaded the new update and have noticed that the same problem
continues to exist. I am not sure what the solution is, however I will
endeavor to try and improve the overall accuracy by continually training and
learning new words.

As the  wise I Ching says "perseverance furthers"

Peace and many blessings

Edward