[MV] Re: 't' sounds in UK English

Edward Kotei Neequaye niikwei at easynet.co.uk
Sun Oct 31 14:37:39 PST 2004

Good-day Chuck, yeh I often have to make a number of minor adjustments
before I am happy with the recognition of 'point'. Its just slightly
annoying when it's one particular word that seems to be my Achilles heal.
Especially when its such an invaluable word. I do take it down to my
particular accent as I am sure with someone from Canada or Russia it have a
particular word which just seems to get in the way of the flow of things. On
the point of accuracy I still have some very dated email from yourself which
accurately described how to improve recognition which I still refer to. What
I do notice is the speed in which I speak and the level of accuracy with
particular phrases. Overall I can't complain as the child is still growing
and should we scold it every time it doesn't behave the way we want during
its adolescence.

Peace and many blessings

Edward

P.s I wonder what other single words get in the way for other users out
there;-)