[MV] Speakable Items and GUI scripting Failure

David Morrison David.Morrison at newcastle.edu.au
Tue Sep 21 16:12:36 PDT 2004

Hello John

>I can not get Speakable Items to execute the applescript script.

>5) I used UI Browser to creat a script for GUI scripting purposes. I compiled the script. When I execute the script in Script Editor , the required GUI action is performed (click a menu item). The script file is named "open virtual reality file"

When you say you "compiled" the script, what do you mean? A compiled AppleScript is just the script converted into an internal representation rather than remaining as text. In order to run it, some other software is required. This may be the Script Editor, or things like the Scriptmenu (supplied with OS X), which can make the compiled script execute.

If you want the script to be a stand-alone application, you need to select File/Save as, and select "Application" in the popup menu.

This creates something that will run when you double-click it, whereas a compiled script will just open the Script Editor if you double-click it.

Regards

David
--
David Morrison, Blackboard Project Manager
Application Development and Integration, University Services
E-mail David.Morrison at newcastle.edu.au
Ph +61 2 49215397   Fax +61 2 49217087