[MV] "microphone may not be connected" error message in ViaVoice

Howard Gross howard.gross at mac.com
Sat Jul 9 02:29:58 PDT 2005

I gave up on Via-Voice after the same problems in later versions of
Panther.  Wasted a lot of time trying to make it work, scansoft help
service said they could not advise any date for upgrade to work with
later 10.3 (they seemed to have given-up on it).  Despair turned to
relief on discovering iListen.  It does what it says on the box and
support is good and on-going (relief turning to joy).  My via-voice
supplied mic worked with iListen and I haven't looked back (except to
trash Via-Voice). I note Via-Voice worked with Tiger, but I won't be
bothering with it again.  Shame on Scansoft, I used to use Naturally
Speaking on a PC for years and my confidence in them has now been
destroyed.

HG