[MV] Mac Mini

Chuck Rogers chuck.rogers at macspeech.com
Wed Jul 27 14:02:01 PDT 2005

John:

This is true, but it is also (more or less) true of all other Macs as
well. The audio input jack on other Macs is LINE IN, not MIC IN,
which means if you plug a microphone into it directly it will not
have sufficient gain for use with Speech Recognition (either ViaVoice
or iListen). So in this regard, the Mac Mini is no different - in the
respect you must use a USB adapter or USB microphone.

For iListen, there are specific models we have certified. Others may
work, but if you have something else and report poor accuracy, the
first thing our support department will tell you is to purchase a
MacSpeech-certified microphone. You can find a list of certified
microphones in our Knowledgebase. To get their, go to our main web
site (www.macspeech.com) then click "Support" at the top of the page.
If you look towards the bottom of the page, a link to "What
Microphones are Supported for Use with iListen?" is the #1 article
under the heading "Popular Knowledgebase Topics."

Best Regards,

Chuck Rogers, Chief Evangelist
MacSpeech, Inc.