[MV] Using the DS2 with macspeech

Chuck Rogers chuck.rogers at macspeech.com
Sun Nov 20 07:22:04 PST 2005

Richard:

You can't hook the DS-2 directly to the sound input on your computer
because that is a LINE IN, not MIC IN. The difference in signal
strength makes it unusable for a direct connection.

I got very good results from the DS-2 by just creating a new profile
with the mic I normally use, then transcribing from the DS-2 and
making Corrections. It only took a few sessions to get accuracy above
92% (which is pretty good for transcribing from recorded files).

For questions such as these you may want to use our eSupport system
to get answers directly from us. You can get there by going to
www.macspeech.com, then clicking the word "Support" at the top of the
page.

Best Regards,

Chuck Rogers, Chief Evangelist