[MV] Transcription

Chuck Rogers chuck.rogers at macspeech.com
Thu Feb 23 07:57:26 PST 2006

I forgot to mention about transcription.

When you transcribe from a recording, the sound of your voice will be
affected by the individual characteristics of both the recorder and
the media to which it is recorded. This will impact the amount of
accuracy you can get. Using digital media mitigates the media problem
to a great extent (for instance, we will not provide technical
support if you are attempting to transcribe from a tape), but for
best results, you should create an independent profile for your
recording device.

Some devices, such as the Olympus DS-4000 make creating a unique
profile pretty easy. With others, such as the DS-2, one pretty much
just creates a new profile using their regular mic, and then uses
Correction to adjust the profile as you go.

Best Regards,

Chuck Rogers, Chief Evangelist
MacSpeech, Inc.