[MV] What! No Bananas!

Joseph Senecal JSenecal at aol.com
Mon Oct 30 17:26:40 PST 2006

On Oct 30, 2006, at 4:50 PM, Richard D. Foley wrote:

> Would you have any idea why I am getting no reply to my emails to
> MacSpeech, and no return of my calls to them?  I've called both
> support, and sales and only get a voice mail to leave a message.

I hope nothing has happened to MacSpeech!

I know nothing about Parrott mics so I can only offer general advise.

Quit iListen if it's running and open the Sound panel in System
Preferences. Chose the input tab, select your microphone, and see if
the volume meter responds. If it does than it's an iListen problem,
otherwise it's a microphone problem (either OS or hardware).

Also, check that the connections aren't reversed between the
microphone and the USB pod.

I once ran into a problem where any microphone would go dead if I
moved a window on the third screen (The one driven by the second
video card). To reactivate the microphone I needed to unplug the USB
pod, plug it in again, then turn the microphone off and on in
software. This problem seems to have been fixed in the latest version
of the Mac OS.

For more help you can send a message to (if it is still active):
macspeech-support at lists.macspeech.com

You will need to join the list at:

Even if MacSpeech is all busy, there are other users there (like me)
that might be able to help.

Joe Senecal