[MV] IBM ViaVoice 3 and 10.4.7

David K. Wehe dkw at umich.edu
Fri Sep 1 12:55:35 PDT 2006

Chuck:

I think that the fact that iListen has continued to support the Mac
is admirable.  But, for some of us, ViaVoice does provide better
accuracy -- the reasons are immaterial to the practitioner.  Most of
us would much prefer to use iListen, but we cling to VV because it
still serves us better where it counts:  from voice to the page.

I have moved to the Intel-Mac and use Dragon 9 to actively dictate
from Windows into the Mac applications.  I would much prefer to use
iListen than this kluge, but it just works better in my
figure-of-merit:  accuracy.

Having said that, yes, I bought iListen 1.7 and will continue to
support iListen because I continue to like its speed and want to
encourage its development.  I hope to see the improvements in
accuracy, for me, that will enable me to switch from these other
options.

Best wishes,

David.