[MV] IBM ViaVoice 3 and 10.4.7

Joseph Senecal JSenecal at aol.com
Fri Sep 1 15:01:35 PDT 2006

> Plus, you highlight another issue: if you're dictating into MS Word
> and using styles, for example, having two carriage returns is a no-
> no. Two returns is a leftover from typewriter days... That reduces
> iListen's acceptability in some quarters.

I'm dictating program code and need exact control of lines and
spacing. If I want one return I say "New Line", if I want two I say
"New Paragraph". The other difference is that New Paragraph
capitializes the next word and New Line does not. If I want something
that iListen doesn't normally do (such as one return, capitalize the
next word), I make my own command and add it to the Dictation Text
Macros vocabulary.

While iListen isn't the best in every area, I've never found it
lacking in flexibility.

Joe Senecal