[MV] DNS on MacBookPro

Chuck Rogers chuck.rogers at macspeech.com
Mon Feb 19 14:47:08 PST 2007

All:

I just had to chime in here.

I can't speak to Valerie not being able to get iListen to recognize
"Maples." I happened to be testing microphones today and just tried
it myself, and could get it to do so consistently after only 4
corrections.

Regarding medical terms, we have many physicians using iListen to
enter medical terms. They use iListen's Learn My Writing Style
feature to add the words they use and, because the program learns the
new words in context, they get very good accuracy without having to
pollute their profile with thousands of words they will never use.

We have researched doing a medical vocabulary, and we keep coming
back to the fact that adding words with the Learn My Writing Style
feature is simply a better approach, even though it does take a bit
longer to add the words.

We are aware that Dragon will give the user better accuracy
initially, but over time this advantage disappears as iListen
continues to improve as you use it. In fact, we have a doctor in
Gainesville, FL who used Dragon NaturallySpeaking for 5 years before
switching to iListen and he insists we are even more accurate! (We
acknowledge this may not be the case for everyone, but I wanted to
share that, nonetheless.)

Best Regards,

Chuck Rogers, Chief Evangelist
MacSpeech, Inc.