[MV] Voice Recognition Issues

Chuck Rogers chuck.rogers at macspeech.com
Wed Feb 21 09:29:15 PST 2007

Regina (and everyone else):

Sorry you had a poor experience with iListen in the past. Did you
contact our support department and have them work with you?

I can tell you from experience and from direct contact with literally
hundreds of users over the years that you absolutely can achieve near
100% accuracy with iListen. How near? A lot depends on how much you
work with it. We have people who use it for two weeks and are getting
above 98% accuracy. Our most extreme example is a physician with an
east Indian accent who was using the US version. It took him 9
months, but he insists he is getting at least 99% accuracy after he
continued to work with the software.

Any speech recognition program requires a practiced approach in order
to get the best results, and ours is no different. The beauty of
iListen, of course, is that you can dictate into virtually any
application and you don't have to use Windows (either in Parallels or
by rebooting) to use it.

Best Regards,

Chuck Rogers

There are two types of people in the world: those who divide the
world into two types of people and those who don't.