[MV] DNS on MacBookPro

Joseph Senecal JSenecal at aol.com
Fri Feb 23 09:49:51 PST 2007

> In the very old ViaVoice ... I am able to do the following:
>
> 1 -  type any text I want ( in this case it could be the correct
> spelling
> and capitalization of your own name)
> 2 -   assign a special sound to that text ( in your case maybe not
> say your
> actual name - since it does not seem to understand it - and use
> some other
> gibberish words like: tata toozy - I know it's very silly)
>
> 3 - then save all that - And every time you say the gibberish word
> ' tata
> toozy ' - it will spell the assign text out perfectly
>
> Q: Is something like this possible to do with iListen?

A: Yes, but you need to come up with a phonetic spelling of the
gibberish words. Power Secretary could learn any nonsense sound and
wasn't limited to phonemes. The steps for iListen are:

1- say the gibberish word or phrase

2- Correct it to what you want typed

3- Select your correction in the correction window*

4- Switch to "What You Say"*

5- Correct the case of what's entered in "What you see"

6- Type the gibberish word or phrase in "What you say"

7- Press "Create Phonetic"

8- Examine the Phonetic Description to see if it looks right. It
might be spelling all or part of your gibberish. If needed you may
need to edit the Phonetic Description. I do this by typing words that
have the sounds I want into What you say and deleting the extra
phonemes.

9- Press Add Word

Because you need to use phonetic descriptions doing this with iListen
isn't as powerful of a feature as with other programs. Nor is there
any way to remove an added word though you can add the word again
with a different Phonetic Description.

Joe