[MV] USB Audio in 10.4.9

Valerie Maples vlmaples at bellsouth.net
Fri May 4 09:47:19 PDT 2007

Thanks for the quick reply, Chuck!

I am on the road at the moment, but I will try it next week when we
get home. Thanks for the tips, hopefully they will help out.

Valerie

On May 3, 2007, at 10:20 PM, Chuck Rogers wrote:

Valerie (and everyone else):

We have noticed this as well, and are trying to figure out what Apple
did. We won't really know a lot until after the Worldwide Developer's
Conference in June, but we can provide you with some things to try,
at least in terms of iListen.

One of the things we noticed is that those running iListen with Mac
OS X version 10.4.9 may actually get better accuracy by going into
preferences and moving the accuracy slider to the left, towards the
middle, away from "more accurate" just a bit. This is not official -
we are still trying to figure out what is going on exactly - but it
could be that under 10.4.9 iListen is trying to "overthink" its
accuracy (an oversimplification, to be sure). Backing off the
accuracy slider just a bit may actually *increase* accuracy IF (and I
stress **IF**) you are running 10.4.9.

I'll keep you posted, but in the mean time, please treat this as very
preliminary information and just something you can try.