[MV] comfortable microphone?

Chuck Rogers chuck.rogers at macspeech.com
Tue May 8 08:44:50 PDT 2007

Jonathan (and everyone else):

You need the USB adapter to use the Voice Tracker (or any microphone,
really) with iListen. This is because Macintosh computers do not have
a Mic In port. They only support Line In for their sound in port,
which uses a different signal strength from microphones.

Regarding the price, the Voice Tracker is the best array microphone
we have ever tested. It provides accuracy nearly as good as a head-
worn microphone. We have also certified the MicFlex, which sells for
about $50, but it does not have the noise-canceling properties the
Voice Tracker has. One's concept of expensive versus not is always
relative of course, and the Voice Tracker is the most expensive
microphone we sell, but in comparison to many professional microphone
out there, it is a bargain. (The most expensive microphone we have
certified is the Airline 77 from Samson which goes for about $400).