[MV] OK- Finally I Took The Plunge! iListen Is Great!

revDAVE coolcat at hosting4days.com
Thu May 24 21:13:13 PDT 2007

OK- Finally I Took The Plunge! iListen is great!

Up till today, I have been using IBM ViaVoice since it first came out. And
as some of us have discussed on this list, over the years it gets worse and
worse with each new Apple system, since it has never been upgraded. So, I
had a whole list of kooky work-arounds to keep it going. Finally, enough was
enough,  and I took the plunge into iListen.

Originally, I had purchased in the very first version of iListen, (I think
it was back in the late 1700's) ...  And back then it was not as good as
ViaVoice... So basically I never used it...

So, today I took the plunge - and got the latest 1.7 upgrade - and I trained
it, only partially for thirty minutes or so... And so far I am incredibly
impressed that how well it works. As an example, this is one of the first
bits of writing I am doing, and generally the accuracy after only 30 minutes
for the basics, is about 90 percent -  that is very cool!

For all the other via voice holdouts -  I can tell you that on day one - I
am very pleased with iListen. I can only hope it gets better and better over
time, but I am already impressed!

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hosting4days.com