[MV] macspeech vs dns

Kai-Man Lee kaimanl at comcast.net
Tue Sep 18 22:17:45 PDT 2007

Hi Nina,

If you want to do medical dictation, buy the DNS medical professional
version which has the medical vocabulary included.  It is far superior to
iListen for this purpose.  You'll need to partition your MacBook Pro drive
with Boot Camp and install Windows.  Or you could use one of the
virtualization programs, like Parallels Desktop for Mac.

I am devoted Mac guy,  but for this purpose, it's really a no-brainer - DNS
is better.  I am an ER physician and have used my laptop for medical
dictation on and off for a couple years.  The fact that iListen doesn't have
a medical vocabulary that you can buy puts it out of the running.  Teaching
any dictation program a specialized vocabulary is way too much trouble.

Anyway, that's what I'd recommend.

Good Luck,

Kai-Man Lee, MD