[MV] Possible partial solution?

Arnie Rosner arnie at arnierosner.com
Sun Aug 31 10:36:30 PDT 2008

At this point, without knowing the scale of the cost of development versus a
reasonable expectation for an acceptable rate improvement], I for one, would
be in favor of paying an ongoing, reasonable development fee, to grease the
skids of progress.

OK...Assuming the MacSpeak team really is on the level (as some of you seem
to indicate) and have their respective acts together:
1. then recognizing  the unknown and uncertain nature of development, where
it might not be possible to impose a guaranteed rate of progress
2. there would certainly have to be some sort of revisable commitment, in
terms of a stated timeline
3. A gross improvement in communications with us subscribers to this plan
(currently treated as mushrooms---kept in the dark and covered with horse
manure)
4. Regular status reports on the progress of development as opposed to the
current user status; out here just hanging around glued to our respective
keyboards awaiting the ability to move to the next step.

If this sounds like an acceptable approach, then those of us agreeable to
subscribe to this type of an approach might be compensated down the road in
some meaningful financial manner befitting the degree of contribution and
commensurate with the future success of MacSpeech.

As the reliability and usability improved (which would most probably
translate into more sales and satisfied users...(domino effect) based upon
the reasonable assumption that the current development team is competent to
achieve the stated objective,  there would be a good chance that this
product could achieve a self-sustainable critical mass creating a
self-funding and ultimately a profitable enterprise.

So am I blowing smoke here or what?  Anyone else willing to buy into this
type of an arrangement?

Arnie

--
Message  protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering.
http://www.mailguard.com.au/mg