[MV] Problems with cursor jumping around

Anyse Joslin anyse1 at mac.com
Mon Dec 1 15:58:50 PST 2008

I have noticed that, when my mic is still on and I am still in
dictation mode, when editing, all sounds (from your voice or
scratching of the mic or ambient sounds that somehow reach various
sonorous qualities of your own voice) are caught by Dictate and the
cursor and all sorts of little things start going haywire! So, be sure
that your mic is OFF when editing with your cursor!

Also, I have found that, with each update of Dictate, the "previous"
vocal profile is no longer used and a "new" one has to be established
each time you update. In a way, I can see the reason for this.
However, I take more time to be sure that Dictate has as much of my
vocal profile as I am able to give it (by reading through ALL of the
available texts for "training" Dictate) and I do not like redoing this
each time. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks.

Anyse