[MV] MacSpeech Dictate

Joseph Senecal JSenecal at aol.com
Fri Jan 18 09:55:49 PST 2008

> Chuck,
>
> Will MacSpeech Dictate run on a Ti G4 1 GHz PowerBook with Leopard
> 10.5.1 installed>
>
> Best,
>
> Henry
>
> PS - I hope the founders club members will be able to purchase it
> at the same or lower price as the upgraders...

Henry,

No MacSpeech Dictate won't run on a PowerBook. This isn't because
MacSpeech doesn't want to support the PowerPC, it's because the
Dragon Engine is specific to the x86 processor. So it's Apple's shift
to Intel that's making it possible for us to get the Dragon engine on
a Mac.

Since all the Founders have iListen, we qualify to get it at the
upgrade price anyway. My guess is that it's worth waiting for the
founders offer than cross-grading now.

Joseph Senecal, a fellow MacSpeech Founder