[MV] MacSpeech Dictate

Chuck Rogers chuck.rogers at macspeech.com
Tue Jan 22 08:12:43 PST 2008

Ian:

Like Dragon NaturallySpeaking, MacSpeech Dictate has both a Dictation
and a Command mode. Unlike iListen, however, you can utter commands in
Dictate mode and they are properly recognized as such, providing you
pause briefly before and after the command (which you also have to do
in NaturallySpeaking to get the best results).

The new program also has a built-in Notepad, in which you can talk or
type in any combination without causing synchronization problems. You
may still have problems in other applications however. It should be
noted that this really wasn't a flaw in iListen, but a byproduct of
how other programs are written. In Mac OS X other programs do not
handle their text in such a way that it is easy for us to manage text
that we didn't put there.

Best Regards,

Chuck Rogers, Chief Evangelist
MacSpeech, Inc.