[MV] Crossgrade problems

William Robinson willrob at chorus.net
Thu Jan 24 06:34:59 PST 2008

I purchased iListen after MacWorld Expo and received version 1.8 two
days ago. After registering I went to the MacSpeech web site and
attempted to order the $29 dollar crossgrade. But when I followed the
directions on the site I was taken to a page that said the crossgrade
would cost me $99.

I contacted customer service, via e-mail, but they have not responded.
Last night I went to the web site again and discovered a message
stating that we needed to be patient, that there was a much larger
response to the crossgrade than anticipated. When I checked the links
that would take me to the price, I was met with a screen that said I
had already crossgraded. I hadn't. But apparently clicking on that
link when I first attempted to upgrade flipped some switch to make it
appear that I have.

So if you purchased iListen this month, with the expectation of
crossgrading to the new product, beware. Wait a while for MacSpeech to
sort out their website and orderingprocess.

William Robinson