[MV] Viavoice and 10.4.11

revDAVE Cool at hosting4days.com
Sun Mar 9 11:28:14 PDT 2008

On 3/9/2008 1:41 AM, "Jonathan Levi, M.D." <drjlevi at netonecom.net> wrote:

> Either I don't have problems, or else am so inured that I don't
> notice them. What sort of problems do you have with 10.4.10? --
> Jonathan

Since ViaVoice has not been updated in years - overtime, more and more
things keep breaking as the OS is updated. One of the more noticeable things
is that every time I save in SpeakPad - it disconnects the audio and
ViaVoice dialog says " audio device is used by another application". then I
cannot simply hit F8 to turn it on again - but I have to use a trick: I hit
F8 - then use the mouse cursor to go to another application - then click
back to SpeakPad - which successfully reactivates the audio.

BTW: Has anyone been able to successfully use the voice on an Intel Mac? How
about on an Intel Mac with leopard 10.5.2?

--
Thanks - RevDave
Cool @ hosting4days . com