[MV] Re: MacSpeech Dictate Problems - Part 1 (was "MacSpeech Forum")

Chuck Rogers thechuck at mac.com
Tue Oct 28 11:19:56 PDT 2008

All:

I'd like to remind everyone I am no longer an employee of MacSpeech,
but I am a shareholder and user of the software, so I wanted to share
my thoughts on the subject of the new version crashing. In order to
stay under the 5K limit for messages posted to the list, I will need
to break this into 2 parts.

First, overwhelmingly, people seem satisfied with the new release. I
have seen only isolated problems reported on the Internet. Twitter
(the micro-blogging service) has been buzzing lately with people who
seem very happy with the release. So obviously, those who are
experiencing problems seem to be in the minority (either that, or the
vast majority of those who are having problems aren't speaking up -
and we all know THAT doesn't happen). So, I think it is safe to say
MacSpeech did not release a widespread lemon with this release. (My
update is working extremely well, btw.)

So, for those who are having problems, I might suggest the following:
Let's say that many, many years ago you bought a new car and you just
weren't happy with it. In fact, you seemed to take be taking it back
to the dealership every week with some new malady and they never did
get it quite right. So when it came time to buy a new car, you bought
one from another company, that, for whatever reason, you really didn't
want to support, but at least you knew the car you were buying would
work, even if the chassis it was on maybe didn't provide the most
comfortable ride.

Continued in Part 2...

Chuck Rogers