[MV] MacSpeech Satisfaction

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Sep 1 02:44:54 PDT 2008

On Sep 1, 2008, at 1:58 AM, Henry Kalir wrote:

> As for Randy's mention of Chuck's Departure - this is Chuck's THIRD
> departure from MacSpeech, and I have NO idea what led to it this
> time (nor as to what the issue was in the past 2...).

At least in the past, I understand that there was a disagreement over
how a company should be dealing with their customers.

Chuck, with his high ethical standards and personal reputation,
brought a substantial amount of credibility to MacSpeech.
Conversely, his firing smacks of just the opposite.

> MacSpeech is NOT a large company, but it's the only one dealing
> with Speech Recognition on the Mac Platform. I still wish it all
> the best, and hope that they "fly right" and concentrate on Speech
> Recognition and not on angry word exchanges.

I wish they would also.  It has been about six or seven months since
MacSpeech had a problem with a bad batch of CD's that caused
installation problems.  You would think that that would have been
long enough for them to get things worked out so that no one would
still be getting bad CD's. Yet I still hear from folks who have
recently purchased MacSpeech Dictate and have found that it won't
install and who haven't received immediate relief from MacSpeech.

I understand that the company is small, and that programming takes
time.  But there is no excuse in my mind for lousy customer service.
 From the very beginning there should have been a page on MacSpeech's
Web site that said something to the effect of: "MacSpeech Dictate
won't install?  Put in your disk's serial number, and your name and
address.  A new disk will be sent to you immediately."

I think that customers are willing to be very patient and
understanding if they feel that they are being treated well/fairly.
If they don't feel that they are being treated well/fairly, I think
that its natural for them to be dissatisfied, and skeptical about
everything that a company does.  I believe that is what we have seen
here.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html