[MV] Articles for ATMac?

Ricky Buchanan ricky at notdoneliving.net
Mon Sep 1 07:53:28 PDT 2008

G'day Dictate people and friends,

For those who don't know, my name's Ricky. I live in Melbourne,
Australia and I run ATMac - it's at http://atmac.org/ and it's a blog
about everything to do with assistive tech, disability, and Macs. All
the good stuff together!

Anyway, I'm having a rough time health wise just now and I'd like to
invite you all to write something for ATMac. It gets posted as a
"guest post" with your name and a link to your email or website if you
like - here's an example of a post David Niemeijer wrote with his name
and link at the top:
<http://atmac.org/2008/06/22/whats-missing-on-the-mac/>
You can see it's got his name and a link.

Guest posts can be really short or quite long - it's up to you. And as
long as the topic's about disability and Macs (computers or iPods or
iPhone etc.) in some way then I'd like to have it. It doesn't have to
be related to MacSpeech in any way - as long as it's disability and
Macs then it's cool. Even if your post is critical about something, as
long as its reasonable and the facts are right then I'll be happy to
post it - critical posts sometimes get the most responses. It's my
call about whether something gets posted or not, so check first!

Here are some suggestions for post ideas:
- Have you customised your assistive tech in some way so it works
better for you? Here's a post like that: <http://atmac.org/2008/04/25/adapt-keystrokes-keyboards-with-layout-kitchen/

- Have you figured out how to accomplish something more easily with
adaptive software? Here's a post like that from Paul Natch: <http://atmac.org/2008/07/21/hands-free-phone-calls-with-skype-and-macspeech-dictate/

This post has been read by more people than any other ATMac post -
congratulations to Paul!

- Have you found a new piece of software that could be helpful for
people with disabilities? Here's a post like that: <http://atmac.org/2008/08/25/mindnode-easy-to-use-mindmapping-tool/
 > These are the most common posts on ATMac I think, so keep your eyes
out for software that might be useful.

If you want to read more, just check out the archives here <http://atmac.org/archives/
 > or ask me! Oh, and if you have an idea for an article it's best to
email me just to let me know - otherwise I might end up with 3 people
writing about the same thing!

Warmest Regards,
Ricky
--
Ricky Buchanan * ricky at notdoneliving.net *http://notdoneliving.net/
The people of the machine not only reduce everything to mathematics,