[MV] Message length...

Robert MacLeay robertmacleay at mac.com
Sun Sep 20 12:45:33 PDT 2009

I agree with most everything Eric says. Particularly as one who receives the
list in digest form, I have no use whatsoever for HMTL mail, which always
loses its formatting when digested(!).

BUT...

The header on his message is over 2,500 characters long! This is typical of
list messages. It is also typical of list servers (although I do not know
about this particular one) that the header is counted towards the limit. I
have personally bumped into this limit with my own emails in the past. Your
practical limit is therefore a whole lot less than 5,000 characters.