[MV] Ambient noise

Chuck Rogers thechuck at mac.com
Fri May 7 16:35:01 PDT 2010

If you use a MacSpeech-certified microphone, noise should not be a problem. Ambient noise will be canceled out, or at least made negligible.

If you are going to be doing primarily live dictation, you need Dictate or Dictate legal. If you are in need of dictating on the go (away from your computer) you need Scribe. If you will be doing both, you need both.

The legal version contains a specialized vocabulary with thousands of words used by those in the legal professions - words that are not in the regular version. If you don't use many of these words, and don't mind teaching the program words it doesn't know, the regular version will work just fine. Keep in mind the time it takes to teach the program new words - particularly those that sound a lot like other words in the English language - could take some effort in repeatedly correcting recognition errors before the program gets it right. For many, the additional cost would be well worth it as opposed to spending the time required for some words to get them properly recognized by the program.