[MV] Unsanity APE crashes Dragon Dictate 2.0 (9361)

Brian A. Weeks brianweeks at bweeks.net
Sat Oct 2 04:58:37 PDT 2010

Listmates:
	Unsanity's "Application Enhancer" v.2.6.1 crashes, and crashes hard, Dragon Dictate 2.0 (9361). Frequent and random hangs, and it won't quit at all unless you force quit. Not knowing this was the issue, I had a long tech support talk with a friendly and knowledgeable support person (who didn't think to ask about an Unsanity product, though). Likely the Dragon people don't QA Dictate with Unsanity's product. Tech support ran me though several things that, although thoughtful tries, didn't work. Excellent tech support on phone.
	On my own, the idea of Unsanity came up the other day. Set Dragon Dictate to be "excluded" in Unsanity Application Enhancer's "Master Exclude List" and voila! Dragon Dictate is steady as a rock. Only unsteadiness is a bug that the tech support person told me about changing preferences can crash Dictate, and that they are hard at work to release a patch, hopefully soon.
	Tech person said that their proprietary text entry window is almost perfect in terms of not needing to use the Golden Rule, and that getting it nailed down perfect is a short-term goal. When I asked about eliminating the Golden Rule for Word or other programs, she said that the team thought those are good wish-list long-term goals, but that they can't discuss future products/features (the standard response you get from any vendor).
	Sent an email 3 or 4 days ago to Dragon Dictate's tech support and to Unsanity, with no response (poor).