[MV] MacSpeech Dictate User can't get newly-purchased Nuance Dragon Dictate to work

Gerald Eddins geraldeddins at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 8 13:36:28 PST 2011

I have been a satisfied user of MacSpeech Dictate (v. 1.5.9).  Was persuaded to upgrade to Nuance Dragon Dictate and told could use existing mic (corded monaural Parrott).  Have installed Dragon Dictate and find that it has no prompts to get my existing MacSpeech Dictate profile to transfer and mic apparently won't work.  Have bounced around Nuance technical support several times, been disconnected and no help.  Any advice?   Must I trash MacSpeech (with my existing profile) and start all over by retraining a new profile?  Thanks.

Gerald Eddins
Beaumont, Texas
409-656-7190