[MV] [Microphone problems xTag

Stan Robinson stanrob at internode.on.net
Wed Jan 26 20:56:38 PST 2011

Due to a few sight problems a number of years ago and being a one finger typist and the poor accuracy of the then available “speech into text programmes" for the Macintosh computer, I was forced to purchase a Windows machine, so as to run Dragon NaturallySpeaking. During that period, I purchased an expensive microphone called an xTag Revolabs. I had no problems with the unit whilst it was connected to the Windows laptop. When the scene changed for Macintosh and Dictate 2.0 arrived, I disposed of the Windows laptop.
I connected the xTag microphone to my iMac running Dictate 2.0 and promptly discovered, the microphone did not work. The Dictate program does not appear to recognise the microphone.

I would appreciate any advice, members of the group can give me.

Stan Robinson.