[MV] (no subject)

Chuck Rogers thechuck at mac.com
Thu Jan 27 13:13:13 PST 2011

Diane:

Unfortunately, you can't have it both ways. No one seems to know why all of the sudden people are sending emails to the list asking to be "kept on the list." There was no request made that people should indicate if they want to stay on the list. Anyone who was on the list is still on the list - that's just how it works.

Another way the list works is that every email sent to the list gets sent to everyone who is subscribed to the list. So you just sent an email to everyone on the list asking to be kept on the list, and every time someone sends a similar email to the list, you will get it.

In other words, every email sent to the list gets sent to everyone. So you can't "stay on the list" and also ask that it stop sending you so many emails.

Chuck Rogers