[MV] headsets

Joseph Senecal JSenecal at aol.com
Mon May 2 09:17:55 PDT 2011

I suggest a Plantronics DSP 400, that's what I got when my Telex microphone died. It's a  folding headset that can be folded up to take less space for storage. It's also a stereo headset (I like to listen to soft music while dictating). It also has an interesting feature in that sounds picked up by the microphone are played into the earpieces. I don't notice it while taking, but I can hear the noise if I tap or rub the microphone. Unlike the Telex microphone, it does not have a continuos volume knob. Instead it has volume up and down buttons that adjust the volume on your Mac. Also, It has a mute toggle button instead of a slider switch.

I'm using Plantronics DSP 400 microphone with Dictate. But I'm using an older model folding Plantronics headset with iListen. I'm not sure of the model, I think it was a DSP 200.

I've used many models of Plantronics microphones over the years, both with iListen and with Dictate. I've never had a problem with any of them, even when I was using microphones not on the iListen supported microphone list. However, please note that I have not done any extensive or formal testing of the microphones. All I can say is that they worked for me.

Joe Senecal