[MV] Dragon Dictate - is it worth it?

David Morrison davidmorrisonann at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 16:54:57 PST 2013

Hello

This list has been quiet for  while but maybe this will liven it up a bit....

A wrist problem I had back in 1998 has just flared up again. Back
then, one of the solutions was to use voice recognition software. I
used IBM's Via Voice fairly successfully, and various versions of
what eventually became MacSpeech Dictate. I never got that
comfortable with MacSpeech Dictate because of its reliance in
dictating into its own text box, and the clumsiness of the method to
correct its recognition of what you said.

Dragon have just sent me an e-mail for Dragon Thursday where they are
offering a really good deal on Dictate v3.

I am wondering whether it has improved enough to make it worth trying
again. I would love to hear about your experiences.

Also, I see they now have a Bluetooth microphone. Does this work
well, or would I be better using a USB microphone, specifically a
Parrot from last time I used Dictate? Is the Bluetooth headset
comfortable to wear?

Oh, and one more question - The offer requires shipping it from the
US. Does this mean I get the US English version, or does it include
all versions in the one package?

Cheers

David