[MV] use Dictation as written Text- with ipad3 and MacBook 10.6.8

Fabian Fang ftfang at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 11:35:19 PDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 7:44 AM, eve <eberliner36 at gmail.com> wrote:

I need to write several pages, my fingers do not work any more, I have an
> accent that SIRI does not accept.
> Has anyone have any suggestion how to use a Microphone such as Doctors
> use, connected to their computer.
> To dictate several pages of text.
> I have a Macbook 10.6.8 and iPad3 with latest version

This is what Nuance Dragon Dictate for Mac is presumably designed for.  Its
current version (4) requires Mac OS higher than 10.6.8.  If you can somehow
acquire an old version 2.5, it should work with your MacBook.

On the other hand, your iPad 3 with iOS has Voice Dictation capability:
<http://ipad.about.com/od/ipad_tips/ss/How-To-Use-Ipad-Voice-Dictation.htm>

Fabian