[MV] MacVoice Digest, Vol 60, Issue 4 , 2.: How do I read your website?

Fabian Fang ftfang at gmail.com
Sun May 25 10:13:22 PDT 2014

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 6:06 AM, Eve Rider <eberliner36 at gmail.com> wrote:

 I have an iPad 3, with iOS 7.1.1 and Dragon 2.0.28 and a Macbook 2007
> ,10.6.8 x, I cannot  and do not want to update my MacBook.
> I have an Olympus program for  Mac, that did not work for me, but I still
> have a Andrea ANTI-Noise   NC-7100 USB set, that came with the Olympic -
> Mac program.
>  I am german by birth, regardless that. I live in this country for over 50
> years , the macbook app, from Olympus did  not understand my accent.
> I intend to dictate a book, but my voice is starting to sound gravely. I
> had the good Fortune to use a Dragon program for  Doktors , by accident. It
> worked very good  with my voice .

Eve:

Thanks for writing.  If your dictation needs are met through Dragon 2.0.28
with your iPad 3, or through Dragon Dictate Medical with your MacBook,
congratulations!

If not yet, you may wish to consider the following options:

(1)  As you stay with the 2007 MacBook, you can upgrade its Operating
System to 10.7 (Lion) or higher, depending your specific model, so that you
can use Nuance Dragon Dictate 3, which is still widely available, or the
new Dragon Dictate 4.

(2)  If your MacBook is capable of running OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or 10.9
(Mavericks), you can try to use the respective native dictation feature.
Here is a Macworld article about the Mavericks built-in dictation tool:
<
http://www.macworld.com/article/2066026/mavericks-dictation-vs-dragon-dictate-how-good-is-os-xs-built-in-tool-.html

(3)  If you prefer to stay with OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) on your MacBook, you
can try to find a copy of Dragon Dictate 2.0/2.5, which is by now rare, but
shows up on eBay occasionally.

(4)  If you happen to own, or have access to, a Windows computer, you can
then use one of Nuance's other dictation programs.

As for reading new and old MacVoice messages, you can find the entire
archive at:
<http://listserver.themacintoshguy.com/pipermail/macvoice/>

If you need further assistance, please write me onlist or directly at any
time.

Fabian