[PB] adding ram

Christian Dupuis d1user at mac.com
Sat Oct 2 03:23:33 PDT 2004

On 30-Sep-04, at 9:42 AM, Jim Freeman wrote:

> Thanks for the tip. Those tools look cool. But which set did you get?
> I'd like some combo that included torx, since I've got those in my
> Pismo. I guess I should figure out which tools I need for my
> particular machines and buy them individually. But the idea of having
> a set which fits everything Apple will ever throw at me is very
> appealing.
>
> Anyway, I borrowed a screwdriver from the tech guy at work and
> installed my ram. No problem.

We got the 920-91 Master Technicians Bench Top Set. Wasn't cheap, but
it had every Torx and Phillips we needed for iBooks and Powerbooks, as
well as the small tools we often need for precision repairs. You can
probably put together something a tad more affordable by just getting
the Torx and Phillips drivers, as well as a small precision allen key
set.

Chris